All Collection Programs in the City of Muscatine and Fruitland
- city collections made from alleys: Containers or garbage bags shall be placed adjacent to and in back of the property line abutting the alley.
- city collections made from streets: Containers or garbage bags shall be placed within three (3) feet of the back curb line or the shoulder of the street without causing the container to be placed on any public street or sidewalk. All materials for collection can be placed out for pick up after 4 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 5 a.m. the day of collection
What Day is My Collection On?
Map of the City of Muscatine and Fruitland (PDF)
Yard Waste Collection
- Grass clippings, leaves, and garden waste can be picked up at the curb on regular garbage pick up day. Materials for pick up will only be picked up in City of Muscatine Yard Waste Bags.
- Yard waste bags that have store brand names on them will not be picked up.
- City of Muscatine Yard Waste Bags can be purchased at these locations:
- Muscatine Recycling Center and Transfer Station
- Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Main Street
Brush and Limb Collection
- Tree limbs and other trimmings from trees and shrubs shall be bundled with string or cord in 4-foot lengths.
- Larger tree limbs for collection should be directed to Public Works at 563.263.8933