Finance & Records
Functions of the Finance Department include:
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Cash and investment management
- Debt management
- Issuance of various licenses and permits
- Payroll processing
- Preparation of financial information and statements for the annual audit
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Purchase order processing
Bond Rating & Awards
The city's bond rating assigned by Moody's Investor Services (PDF) is Aa2. Awards received by the City of Muscatine's Finance Department include:
- Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) annually since 1985 (more than 30 years)
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the GFOA annually since the fiscal year ended June 30, 1994 (20 years)
The goal is to maintain financial information and systems which provide the City Council, city administrator, boards and commissions, and departments with meaningful and timely financial information in order to make informed decisions.
The goal is to provide a purchasing program for all departments in the city in order to effectively search the marketplace for quality purchases at the lowest possible costs, and to assure that such materials and equipment will assist in performing the activities of the city in an efficient manner.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Finance and Records Department at 563.264.1550.