Parking in the City of Muscatine
The City maintains 1,399 parking spaces in the downtown commercial area.
- Parking on Second Street is free for up to two (2) hours once per day in each block.
- Parking on the City's riverfront is free including the back-in angled spaces on Mississippi Drive.
- Designated spaces in Lots 2, 4, and 8 allow for free parking up to 3-4 hours once per day as marked
- 2-hour limit meters (silver capped meters) are located throughout the central business district
- 10-hour limit meters (red capped) provide full-day parking for downtown workers
- Leased parking spaces for the public are provided in Lots 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and on Sycamore Street between 4th and 5th Streets.
- Special lease rates are available for downtown residents
- Discounted lease rates are available if fees are paid annually on July 1 each year
- Other leases can be paid quarterly
Contact the Finance Department for locations of available leased parking at 563.264.1550.
Largest Parking Option
The levee parking area on the riverfront provides approximately 480 free parking spaces within a few blocks of the central business district.