MUSCATINE, Iowa - The Muscatine County Public Health Department (MCPH) is working with local doctor offices and local pharmacies to distribute the vaccine to the county for target populations aged 65 and older. There have been very limited doses sent at this time.
These doctor offices and pharmacies will announce and advertise once they have the vaccine and it is open to their patients and targeted populations.
Please note that Hy-Vee in Muscatine is now receiving direct doses of vaccine from our state. They anticipate receiving 200 per week and will announce this on their Facebook page and website how individuals can access these appointments. Please share this with your respective communities.
Wester Drug is helping distribute vaccines in partnership with Public Health. They are taking lists for people ages 65 and older. For more information please visit their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/westerdrug or call them at (563) 263-7044.
All pharmacies are ready to distribute the vaccine once they receive it.
Tier 1 Workforce vaccine Feb. 19, 2021 update:
- 2/6/21: We vaccinated the West Liberty School District and childcare providers from West Liberty at their high school.
- 2/9/21: We provided a clinic to vaccinate first responders, Ss. Mary and Mathias school staff, childcare workers, and seniors.
- 2/11/21: We provided a second dose vaccine clinic for our 1A population (28 days after their first vaccine).
- 2/12/21: On Friday, we vaccinated over 240 individuals in an evening vaccine clinic to Muscatine School District and AEA.
- Week of 2/15/21: Continued efforts to reach all Muscatine County School Districts, Childcare workers, and Child Welfare Workers.
For the remainder of the month MCPH will continue providing vaccines to local school districts, child care/early childhood providers, first responders, and persons 65 years and older in partnership with local pharmacies, doctor offices, and public health team.
Vaccines that MCPH receives each week for our county are being distributed to the required targeted populations.