Neighborhood Grant FAQs
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Any resident (or group of residents) within the Grandview Corridor may apply for Tier I grants.
Tier II grants require four or more property owners within the same general vicinity to participate (see map). Properties more closely located with each other will receive preference. If you are a tenant in a landlord owned property, you will need the property owner’s permission to apply for a Tier II Property Improvement Grant.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY PROJECT TO APPLY?
- Contact info for project/activity leads
- Project/Activity name and description
- Time and location of project
- Cost estimate
- What specifically the grant funds will be used for
- Neighbor/neighborhood contribution
- Number of neighbors who will be helping plan or work on the project/activity
- Estimated # people attending or impacted by project/activity
- Plan for promoting your project
- Identify any additional assistance you may need from the City.
WHAT AMOUNT OF FUNDS CAN I EXPECT TO BE AWARDED?
Tier I Mini-Grants may be up to $1,000, but no grant amount is too small. If you have an idea, apply!
Tier II Property Improvement Grants may be up to $10,000. A minimum 50% match is required. (For example, if you are awarded $10,000, a minimum of $5,000 is required for a match. An In-kind match (hours of labor of residents, etc.) is acceptable.
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE GRANT FUNDS?
The City will reimburse you for any eligible expenses if documentation is provided. The City will consider requests to pay vendors directly.
HOW CAN I RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GRANT PROGRAM?
The City will be conducting neighborhood meetings to provide more information on the grant program:
- August 10 at 6:30 p.m. – Musser Public Library, Community Room
- August 17 at 6:30 p.m. – Musserville Church
- August 13 at 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Muscatine Area Farmer’s Market
- August 17 at 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Muscatine Southend Farmer’s Market
You can also access additional information at https://muscatineiowa.gov/1601/Grandview-Neighborhood-Grant-Program.