Licenses & Permits

City of Muscatine Permitting & Licensing Requirements

The city requires permits for the following activities, businesses, and events:

  • Alarm businesses
  • Alarm systems
  • Amusements
  • Cigarette vendors
  • Circuses / carnivals
  • Dancing (for premises with beer / liquor licenses)
  • Outdoor commercial entertainment events
  • Pawnbrokers
  • Picketing on city property
  • Bill posting
  • Taxicabs
  • Tree removal businesses

Contact Us

If you have any questions or would like to obtain a permit or license, please contact the Finance Department at 563.264.1550.