Muscatine Dog Park
Dog Park Usage Regulations
- The dog park is open daily from dawn until dusk unless closed for maintenance.
- Dogs must be in view and under control of their handler at all times
- All handlers must be 16 years of age and have a leash in hand at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- Handlers are REQUIRED to pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste.
- No more than two dogs per handler.
- Dogs CANNOT be left alone in the dog park.
- Handlers must stop their dog from digging and must fill any holes their dog creates.
- Dogs that consistently exhibit dominant aggressive behavior, that regularly do not come when called, that play too rough, and/or that cannot control their barking must be removed from the park immediately and without debate. Multiple violations of this rule may result in permanent ban from the Dog Park.
- Water is provided at the dog park. Please do not bring in water bowls or leave toys behind as they have been proven to potentially spread disease.
- All dogs must have a valid rabies vaccination tag. (Iowa Code §351.35)
- All dogs belonging to City of Muscatine residents must have a valid city license tag. (Muscatine City Code Section 6-9-2)
- Bicycles, skates, or rollerblades
- Strollers and baby carriages
- Dog treats and rawhides
- Food (dog or human)
- Smoking and use of any tobacco products or their like.
- Sports activities.
- Dog training classes.
- Business uses.
- Annual Pass: $15.00 per dog/per household
- Daily Pass: $5.00 per dog/per household
- Dogs under five months of age.
- Female dogs in heat.
A Permit/Dog Tag must be displayed while using the park including annual membership and/or visitor pass. To purchase a Permit please visit the online registration page and search "Dog Park" or stop by the Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department office at 215 Sycamore Street.
- Dogs must be on a leash when outside the designated off-leash areas.
- Only remove and apply leash while your dog is in the staging area.
- Do not enter the designated off-leash areas with your dog on leash
View a step-by-step guide on getting your dog park permit (PDF).
The use of the facility is at the participant's sole risk. The dog park is unsupervised and the City cannot control the behavior of any one animal at any one time.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a list of frequently asked questions (PDF).
Please contact the Muscatine Police Department at 563-263-9922 for non-emergency and 911 for emergency situations.
For additional information please contact the Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department at 563.263.0241.