Open burn permits are $25.00. Permits are NOT valid until paid for.
OPEN BURNING IS ALLOWED, IN PART, FOR THESE PURPOSES:
• Individuals, who have property of one acre or more, or developed for other approved purposes may be issued permits to burn leaves, organic matter, brush and trees, gathered from that property, but not for building construction materials, trash, or other refuse.
Open burning is permitted only between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm, and must be constantly attended.
OPEN BURNING REGULATIONS:
• Open burning shall not be conducted within 50 feet of any structure or other combustible material. Conditions, which could cause the fire to spread to within 50 feet of a structure, shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
• A hose connected to an adequate water supply or other approved fire-extinguishing equipment shall be readily available for use at open burning sites.
• Burning material shall be constantly attended by a person knowledgeable of the permit limitations which restrict open burning. An attendant shall supervise the burning material until the fire has been extinguished.
• The chief is authorized to require that open burning be immediately discontinued if the chief determines that smoke emissions are offensive to occupants of the surrounding property or if the open burning is determined by the chief to constitute a hazardous condition.
• Open burning on any street or alley within the city is prohibited.
• Not valid until receipt of permit from the Fire Department.
• Form can be filled out on-line but shall not be valid until the fire department receives $25.00.
CALL 263.9922 EXT 7 BEFORE BURNING