Muscatine Community Gardens
A Community Garden is an area of land that is made available to members of a community to grow vegetables. Plots of land are leased to the gardeners for a small seasonal fee. These gardens also contribute to a more livable environment and promote a more positive community image.
Current Muscatine Community Gardens and Coordinator Contact
Taylor Park Community Garden - Adam Thompson, 563.262.4141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mulford Church Community Garden - Heather Harroun, email@example.com
Solomon Community Garden - Deb Brockhouse, firstname.lastname@example.org
East Campus Community Garden - Lee Falkena, email@example.com
Sunset Park Community Garden - Dana Yerington, firstname.lastname@example.org
MCSA Community Garden - Paul Carroll, email@example.com
Grant School Garden
Madison School Garden
McKinley School Garden
Goals of Muscatine Community Gardens
- To provide community members the opportunity to grow their own vegetables
- To encourage citizens to increase their physical activity and make healthy food choices
- To provide gardening workshops for both children and adults
- To provide an inter-generational gardening experience
- To support the nutritional needs of others through contributing surplus produce to a food bank or soup kitchen, and volunteering 3 hours per year to help maintain the common garden areas
- To have fun!
On Facebook @ www.facebook.com/muscatinecommunitygardens
Local Master Gardeners, ISU Extension staff, and local HyVee will provide gardening assistance and cooking / dietary classes throughout the season.
Sponsors and Donors are vital to the growth and improvement of community gardens in Muscatine. If you are interested in donating to the community gardens please contact Adam Thompson.
Request for Donations
Garden Needs & Rankings